ANSYS CFD Advanced - Modeling reacting flows and combustion in ANSYS Fluent
- 2 days
- Scandinavian, English on demand
- Course materials
- PC-access, lunch and necessary documentation is included in the course fee
What will you learn?
Reacting flows often require special attention in CFD, and this is particularly true in combustion modeling. The strong coupling between the chemistry and Navier-Stokes equations often imposes numerical difficulties in such cases. Further, the concept of turbulent mixing becomes extra important in order to predict accurate reaction rates. Several reaction models are available in ANSYS FLUENT to cope with the reaction specific issues mentioned above.
Other features related to reacting flows, such as NOx and soot formation, will also be discussed.
After finishing this course, the student should have acquired a basic understanding of the physical mechanisms encountered in different kinds of reacting flows, and how these can be modeled in ANSYS FLUENT.
- Turbulent mixing
- Surface reactions
- The non-premixed model
- The equilibrium chemistry model
- The laminar flamelet model
- The premixed combustion model
- The finite-rate model
- The eddy dissipation model
- The partially premixed turbulence model
- Pollutant formation (NOx, SOx, soot)
- Engine ignition modeling