Introduction to ANSYS AQWA
- 3 days
- Scandinavian, english on demand
- Course materials
- PC-access, lunch and necessary documentation is included in the course fee.
What will you learn?
The course will cover the general use of features within the AQWA Suite and introduces the new Workbench version of AQWA. An introduction to the expanded Cable Dynamics capabilities will also be included. The latter is licensed as an additional module and permits coupled cable dynamics associated with deeper waters to be addressed.
The three day course will be of major benefit to all engineers intending to perform hydrodynamic analysis of offshore structures using AQWA. No previous AQWA exposure is required but some knowledge of naval architecture or offshore engineering is desirable.
- Introduction to AQWA programs and their capabilities
- AQWA analysis procedures
- Overview of AQWA input data
- Element types and definitions in AQWA
- Environment definition
- Mooring systems
- Static response of moored vessels
- Frequency domain analysis
- Time domain analysis in regular and irregular waves for moored structures. AQWA-NAUT and AQWA-DRIFT
- Creating geometry for use in AQWA Hydrodynamic Radiation/Diffraction within ANSYS Workbench
- Running Radiation/Diffraction analyses within ANSYS Workbench Multiple structure definition and hydrodynamic interaction
- Cable Dynamics Stand Alone & Fully Coupled
- Trouble shooting